Use of personal information
By registering to sit the Law Admission Test (LAT):
- The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd (ABN 19 004 98 145) (ACER) will collect your personal information for the purposes of administering and finalising all activities to complete the purposes for which you undertook the LAT (the Purpose). The information ACER may collect about you includes your registration information, payment details, LAT answers and results, application (if any) for special testing conditions and communications with ACER in respect of LAT. Should you choose not to provide your relevant personal information then you may not be able to sit the LAT and/or receive the benefit of the Purpose;
2. You CONSENT to ACER in pursuit of the Purpose:
- collecting, using and disclosing any sensitive (such as health) information, for example, in case you need special consideration in sitting the LAT; and
- ACER using your personal information for research purposes, however, any disclosure to research bodies of data resulting from your undertaking the LAT will only occur in de-identified form;
3. Your personal information may be disclosed in pursuit of the Purpose by ACER to
- ACER contractors which may assist ACER from time to time;
- your relevant educational institution;
- specialists, consultants or other relevant professionals, for example, in respect of application for special testing conditions; and
- where required to do so by law, to government agencies or their representatives; and
4. None of your personal information will be transferred outside of Australia.
Should you not wish to provide the above consents or wish to access and/or amend your personal information or to make a complaint related to privacy please contact Rhonda Farkota, Manager Legal and Corporate Services at +61 3 9277 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information concerning how ACER handles your personal information or what privacy rights you have please see: https://www.acer.org/privacy.