Use of personal information
By registering to sit the Law Admission Test (LAT):
- The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd (ABN 19 004 98 145) (ACER) will collect your personal information for the purposes of administering and finalising all activities to complete the purposes for which you undertook the LAT (the Purpose). The information ACER may collect about you includes your registration information, payment details, LAT answers and results, application (if any) for reasonable adjustments and communications with ACER in respect of LAT. Should you choose not to provide your relevant personal information then you may not be able to sit the LAT and/or receive the benefit of the Purpose;
2. You CONSENT to ACER in pursuit of the Purpose:
- collecting, using and disclosing any sensitive (such as health) information, for example, in case you need special consideration in sitting the LAT; and
- ACER using your personal information for research purposes, however, any disclosure to research bodies of data resulting from your undertaking the LAT will only occur in de-identified form;
3. Your personal information may be disclosed in pursuit of the Purpose by ACER to:
- ACER contractors which may assist ACER from time to time;
- your relevant educational institution;
- specialists, consultants or other relevant professionals, for example, in respect of application for reasonable adjustments; and
- where required to do so by law, to government agencies or their representatives; and
Transfer outside of Australia
ACER will collect your Personal Information in pursuit of the Purpose. ACER will not transfer your Personal Information outside of Australia.
ACER will abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You have the right to:
1. inspect your Personal Information;
2. request amendment of your Personal Information; and
3. make a complaint in respect of a breach of your privacy.