Alternative test date
Provision has been made for candidates who are prevented from attending the LAT on Thursday 30 September 2021 as a result of a genuine and unanticipated illness or other unexpected and unavoidable circumstances to sit the test on one alternative date. This provision exists for cases of demonstrable difficulty; it is not available for a candidate who, for example, fails to register on time or is suffering from a minor illness on the test day.
In order to be considered for testing on the alternative date, you must where possible contact the LAT Office by email at least one week before the Thursday 30 September 2021 test date, or no later than 5 pm AEST Saturday 2 October 2021; AND
- in the case of significant unanticipated illness, provide clear and detailed medical justification from a registered health professional to the LAT Office. A medical certificate stating ‘unspecified illness’ or ‘unfit for work/school’ is NOT sufficient.
- in all other cases, provide a statutory declaration and other supporting documentation to the LAT Office, outlining the circumstances preventing attendance on the main test date.
Please note that candidates submitting an application to sit on the alternative test date are not automatically entitled to approval. Candidates must submit all documentation no later than 5 pm AEST Saturday 2 October 2021, in order for their application to be considered.
Each case will be reviewed on its merits and candidates will be notified of the outcome by 5 pm AEST Monday 4 October 2021.
Generally, neither pressures of work or studies, nor other avoidable events or commitments, are sufficient reasons to sit on the alternative test date. Requests are NOT granted for the following:
- Year 12 trial exams
- Work commitments
- Travel or holiday arrangements
- Social and leisure events, including sporting and cultural commitments other than at state, national or international representative level
- Attendance at functions such as birthdays or weddings, as either a participant or as a guest
- Failure to arrange transport to ensure timely arrival at the test venue
- Failure to bring an acceptable identification document or Admission Ticket to the test centre
- Other expectable or avoidable circumstances.
The alternative test date in 2021 will be scheduled approximately one week after the main test date. This will be the only alternative test date available in 2021 and will only be available in Sydney. Candidates who are approved to sit the LAT 2021 on the alternative test date will be provided with information about the test arrangements after their application is processed.
Candidates who are unable to sit the test on Thursday 30 September 2021 because they fail to bring their Admission Ticket or correct photo-bearing identification, or who arrive after the doors have closed, are not eligible to sit on the Alternative Test Date.