Alternative test date
Generally, neither pressures of work or studies, nor other avoidable events or commitments, are sufficient reasons to sit LAT on the alternative test date. Requests are NOT granted for the following:
- year 12 trial exams
- work commitments
- travel or holiday arrangements
- social and leisure events, including sporting and cultural commitments other than at state, national or international representative level
- attendance at functions such as birthdays or weddings, as either a participant or as a guest
- failure to arrange transport to ensure timely arrival at the test venue
- failure to bring an acceptable identification document or Admission Ticket to the test centre/remote proctored test sitting
- other expectable or avoidable circumstances.
The alternative test date in 2023 will be scheduled approximately one week after the main test date. This will be the only alternative test date available in 2023 and will only be available via remote proctoring.
Requests to sit LAT on the alternate test date must be emailed to the LAT Office, received no later than the close of late registrations and should include documented proof to support the request. Requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Candidates who are approved to sit the LAT on the alternative test date will be provided with information about the test arrangements after their application is processed.
Candidates who are unable to sit the test on Thursday 28 September 2023 because they fail to bring their Admission Ticket or correct photo-bearing identification, or who arrive after the doors have closed, are not eligible to sit on the alternative test date.