- Those currently enrolled in their final year of secondary schooling (Year 12 HSC or equivalent).
- Those who have already completed their secondary schooling (e.g. those on a gap year).
- Those who are currently studying at university and wish to apply to transfer to Law (except UNSW Sydney students applying for Internal Program Transfer).
- Year 11 students who wish to sit the LAT prior to their HSC year. LAT results will be valid for two years so Year 11 students sitting in 2021 can use their results to apply to study Law at UNSW in 2023.
The following applicants are not eligible to sit the LAT:
- International applicants^.
- Students in a school year beneath Year 11. This includes students in Year 10 or lower who are studying subjects at Year 11 level or higher.
The following applicants are not required to sit the LAT:
- UNSW Sydney students applying for Internal Program Transfer (IPT) to Law. IPT applicants will be assessed on their UNSW Sydney results only.
- Indigenous students undertaking the Pre-Law Program at UNSW Sydney. Pre-Law students are assessed under multiple criteria in the Pre-Law Program.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not register for the LAT unless you are planning to apply for admission to UNSW Bachelor of Laws commencing in 2022 or 2023 AND you meet the eligibility criteria.
*Australian citizens and permanent residents and New Zealand citizens.
^Applicants who are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen.