- Those currently enrolled in their final year of secondary schooling (Year 12 HSC or equivalent).
- Those who have already completed their secondary schooling (e.g. those on a gap year).
- Those who are currently studying at university and wish to apply to transfer to Law (except UNSW Sydney students applying for Internal Program Transfer).
- Year 11 students who wish to sit the LAT prior to their HSC year. LAT results will be valid for two years so those sitting in 2017 can use their results to apply for Law at UNSW Sydney in 2018 and/or 2019.
The following applicants are not eligible to sit the LAT:
- International applicants.
- Students in a school year beneath Year 11. This includes students in Year 10 or lower who are studying subjects at Year 11 level or higher.
- UNSW Sydney students applying for Internal Program Transfer (IPT) to Law. IPT applicants will be assessed on their UNSW Sydney results only.
- Indigenous students undertaking the Pre-Law Program at UNSW Sydney. Pre-Law students are assessed under multiple criteria in the Pre-Law Program.
Do not register for the LAT unless you are planning to apply for admission to UNSW Sydney Law commencing in 2018 or 2019 AND you meet the eligibility criteria.
*Australian citizens and permanent residents and New Zealand citizens.