The LAT 2018 will take place on Tuesday 25 September 2018.
Standard registrations for the LAT 2018 will open on Wednesday 2 May 2018 and close at 5:00pm AEST on Friday 10 August 2018.
Late registrations will also be accepted from 5:00pm AEST on Friday 10 August 2018 until 5:00pm AEST Wednesday 5 September 2018. A late registration fee applies to all applications completed during the late registration period. Test registrations will only be accepted during the published registration period; registrations will not be accepted after the late registration closing date under any circumstances.
How to register
Registration for the LAT is only available online. To register, you will need:
- A computer with internet access
- A credit or debit card
- Photo-bearing identification details
- A valid email address (Hotmail.com or Yahoo.com email addresses are not recommended as they may be marked as junk mail or spam). To avoid issues, save the LAT email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your list of safe senders
- Check that you are eligible to sit the LAT 2018.
- Create an online account or sign in with Google or Facebook at https://latreg.acer.edu.au/. If you already have an account for a previous LAT registration, you can use the same account to register for the LAT 2018. If you have forgotten your account details, you can reset your password using the link provided.
- Complete the online registration and payment (remember, registrations only open on 2 May 2018). Make sure you check your account personal details (name and date of birth) before you complete your registration. Your first name, last name and date of birth must match the identification document you plan on using on the test day.
- Receive an email confirmation of your registration and a payment receipt (tax invoice). If you are applying for the concession fee and or/remote invigilation, follow the email instructions and ensure that you submit the required documentation to the LAT Office to complete your registration.
- At least 1 month before the test day, ensure that you arrange your identification and read the important test administration procedures on this website. The LAT Office will send reminder emails to all registered candidates prior to the test day.
- Approximately 2 weeks prior to the test day, download your LAT Admission Ticket in preparation to sit the test.
Communication with the LAT Office and Registration Changes
Email is the preferred means of communication on matters concerning the LAT. All communication from the LAT Office will be sent to the email address linked to your registration account. You should keep copies of all messages sent from the LAT Office for your records.
Once you have registered for the LAT 2018, you can log in and manage your registration to:
- Update your personal details, identification document information or test centre selection. Note: changes to the account name or date of birth must be sent to the LAT Office for approval via your account. You may be asked for supporting documentation for name changes.
- Apply for special testing conditions.
- Cancel your registration and request a refund of the test fee, less applicable administrative charges.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ACER reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse or cancel a registration in any circumstances where ACER considers the application for registration or the registration once completed is not bona fide, or the registration fee as applicable is not received in full and as cleared funds by the payment date or the late registration date given.